Brain Teasers

This is a "thought bubble". It is an...
 "thought bubble".
 
1.Before I came, confusion abounded.
I'm late, I'm late was frequently sounded.
I'm not average, but was based on a mean.
My size, in theory, is constant: fifteen.
I'm two dozen steps, again in theory.
But walk my length and you'd get weary.
I take half and quarter steps at times.
In reality, I don't follow the lines.
I shrink to nothing in two cold extremes.
Over a thousand miles wide in the betweens.
What am I?
2. Fred and his wife, Nikita, were having a conversation about words while on a road trip.
Fred said, "I am thinking of a devilishly tricky word that has five consonants in a row."
Nikita countered with, "That's a good one, but people lining up to find a word with five vowels in a row."
What words were Fred and Nikita thinking of?
3. X is my father's sister's only brother's wife's daughter's only aunt's father's son.
How is X related to me?
4. In medieval England, a king's jester was imprisoned (the king didn't like the jester's jokes). The jester was locked in a room at the top of a high tower. The room had only one tiny window. The jester found a piece of rope. It wasn't long enough to reach the ground. So, he divided it in half and tied the two halves together. This made the rope long enough and he escaped.
How?
5. We fit inside every book or two,
No telling what we do.
We may change lives forever,
We are clever,
Or maybe just weak wit,
We even make up the ingredients to a banana split!
What are we?
6. What is a scar that everyone has?
7. A man got into a ship and could see more than four at the same time. How is this possible?
8. What costs nothing but is worth everything,
weighs nothing, but can last a lifetime,
that one person can't own, but two or more can share?
9. I may be high
I'm not real low
Sometimes fast
Sometimes slow
You can't reach me
But you can see me
What am I?
Answers

1. Time zones
2. Fred was thinking of witchcraft and Nikita was thinking of queueing.
3. X is my Father.
4. He divided the rope vertically, not horizontally.
5. Words
6. A bellybutton
7. He is in a spaceship
8. Friendship
9. Clouds
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...